- Excitement surrounds the production of Young Sheldon season 7, despite the show ending with fewer episodes and a late premiere.
- Mandy’s character has become beloved by viewers and the Cooper family, with the possibility of a Mandy and Georgie wedding in season 7.
- While the wedding may not be a priority for the writers, it’s crucial for Young Sheldon to give the couple a satisfying finale and potentially continue their story in a spin-off.
Young Sheldon season 7 is now in production, Emily Osment confirms. The Big Bang Theory spin-off is ending under less-than-ideal circumstances as not only is its final season premiering late in the 2023-2024 TV season, but it will also have significantly fewer episodes. Despite that, there’s excitement about what comes next for Sheldon and the Coopers, especially in light of the events of the Young Sheldon season 6 finale.
Taking it to her Instagram Stories, Mandy actor Emily Osment shared a behind-the-scenes image of herself with the caption that confirms that she and her co-stars are back to work for the 14-episode Young Sheldon season 7. Check out the image below:
For context, Young Sheldon season 7 was reportedly going to wait until after Thanksgiving to start production. This, however, squashes that claim. Luckily, it doesn’t seem like Osment minds.
How Mandy Factors In The Young Sheldon Season 7
Despite being a late addition to Young Sheldon, Mandy has been able to endear herself not just to the audience but the whole Cooper clan. Season 6 was a big year for the character as she welcomed her and Georgie’s daughter, Baby Cece. While the pregnancy was unexpected and brought a lot of issues to the Coopers, everyone was thrilled to welcome the newest member of the clan. Moving forward, however, Young Sheldon season 7 may see the wedding of Mandy and Georgie.
Whether Young Sheldon season 7 is able to actually show the pair tying the knot is not guaranteed, however. The Big Bang Theory prequel has several lingering plot lines that need to be resolved before it can wrap up. Since Georgie and Mandy’s romance wasn’t part of The Big Bang Theory‘s established canon, it may not be a priority for the writers. This is going to be a big mistake, however. The pair’s love story is the best original narrative that the spin-off came up with. Georgie and Mandy have already gone through so much. A wedding is imperative to make sure that Young Sheldon is able to deliver a satisfying finale.
Based on The Big Bang Theory‘s canon, Georgie and Mandy’s relationship doesn’t last. However, this shouldn’t dissuade Young Sheldon from giving the pair an actual happy ending, at least in the prequel. Perhaps, if CBS is looking to continue the franchise beyond the spin-off, they could award the couple their own show, which will tackle the ups and downs of their relationship after tying the knot.
Source: Emily Osment/Instagram
- Release Date:
- Jim Parsons, Iain Armitage, Annie Potts, Emily Osment
- A spinoff of the sitcom The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon follows the youth and coming-of-age of Sheldon Cooper during his childhood in Texas as he pursues science and academia. The show also follows his parents, siblings, and Mee-Maw, painting a picture of the world where Sheldon grew up.
- Story By:
- chuck lorre
- Chuck Lorre
- Streaming Service:
- Jon Favreau