- CCXP 2023 will feature panels from major studios including Warner Bros., Netflix, Apple TV+, and Paramount, with immersive fan experiences and exclusive content.
- Warner Bros. will showcase upcoming movies Furiosa, Dune: Part Two, Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, and Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom.
- Netflix will focus on Zack Snyder’s Rebel Moon franchise, with a panel discussion and an immersive experience, while Apple TV+ will bring Monarch: Legacy of Monsters to CCXP with an immersive fan experience and a panel conversation.
- Paramount+ will have various themed events and a panel featuring their biggest releases for 2024, including for Halo season 2 and Star Trek: Discovery season 5.
As audiences eagerly await a new year full of projects, studios are heading to Comic-Con Experience (CCXP) for special looks at their slate of releases. Based on San Diego’s similarly named blockbuster event, CCXP first launched in 2014 in São Paulo, Brazil, initially being founded by entertainment site Omelete, comic book publisher Chiaroscuro Studios, and toy company Piziitoys. The near-decade since has seen it grow to a similar scale as San Diego Comic-Con, with such projects as The Walking Dead franchise, Wonder Woman 1984, and The Suicide Squad hosting panels.
This week kicks off CCXP 2023, which will see Warner Bros., Netflix, Apple TV+, and Paramount all hosting special panels. The latter two will also be bringing immersive fan experiences for those in attendance. Screen Rant will be on the ground in São Paulo, sharing information learned from the various events as well as fan reactions, and some of the schedule for the most exciting panels can be seen below:
- November 30 at 6 p.m. EST: Furiosa is coming to the Thunder Stage with a special panel featuring stars Anya Taylor-Joy and Chris Hemsworth and co-writer/director George Miller. The movie is set to make its premiere in Brazil in 2024 and will act as a prequel to Mad Max: Fury Road, with Taylor-Joy starring as a younger version of the character played by Charlize Theron as she is captured by a group of bikers led by Warlord Dementus and attempts to fight her way back home.
- December 3 at 2:45 p.m. EST: WB is bringing a special look at Dune: Part Two with stars Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Austin Butler, and Florence Pugh and co-writer/director Denis Villeneuve taking to the Thunder Stage to discuss the highly anticipated sci-fi epic sequel.
- December 3 at 3:30 p.m. EST: Returning Monsterverse director Adam Wingard is sharing new looks and insights for Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire on the Thunder Stage. The sequel will see the eponymous creatures teaming up to battle the rise of the Titans from Hollow Earth, while also exploring the actual history of the Titans themselves.
- December 3 at 6 p.m. EST: Jason Momoa, Patrick Wilson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and James Wan are coming to the Thunder Stage for Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom. The group will explain the production of the upcoming DC Extended Universe sequel and what it means for the franchise.
Ahead of the movie’s release, Netflix is going full-force in bringing the Rebel Moon franchise to CCXP, primarily the first installment, Part One: A Child of Fire. Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder will be making their CCXP debut on December 1 at 4 p.m. EST on the Thunder Stage alongside stars Sofia Boutella, Djimon Hounsou, Ed Skrein, Michiel Huisman, Ray Fisher, Staz Nair and E. Duffy. The group will be giving a special in-depth discussion of Snyder’s new sci-fi epic universe, which will begin with A Child of Fire‘s release in limited theaters on December 15, followed by Netflix on December 22.
Additionally, the streamer is hosting a special Rebel Moon immersive experience featuring hyper-realistic replicas from the movie. Attendees will get to venture through the movie’s first planet, the moon Veldt, as well as have a drink at the Providence bar, interact with various creatures and characters from the movie, explore one of its ships, and get a close-up look at some of its costumes. Netflix will also be offering the chance to win exclusive gifts and purchase special Rebel Moon products developed by various partners, including Iron Studios and FanLab.
Lastly, attendees will get the chance to be put directly into Rebel Moon, with an immersive new technology standing them squarely in the midst of the action-packed footage and become the star of Snyder’s movie in a personalized experience.
With half of its season already aired, Apple TV+ has revealed an expansive plan for Monarch: Legacy of Monsters to come to CCXP. The streamer is offering a special immersive fan experience allowing attendees to explore the world of the Monsterverse show, including a special photo opportunity. There is also expected to be exclusive new content from the show released at the event.
Additionally, a special panel conversation and live Q&A is scheduled for December 3 at 11:30 a.m. EST on the Thunder Stage with showrunner and executive producer Chris Black, and fellow executive producers Tory Tunnell and Joby Harold, as well as stars Kurt and Wyatt Russell, Anna Sawai, Kiersey Clemons and Ren Watabe.
Paramount+ is hosting a large array of events throughout CCXP, including never-before-seen content, themed photo opportunities, and immersive interactions. Some of these include Halo‘s “UNSC Spartan Recruitment Training Center”, Star Trek: Discovery‘s “Captain on the Bridge”, Drag Race: Brazil‘s “Time to Shine”, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem‘s “Master Splinter’s Ultimate Drill”, Anderson Spider Silva‘s “Bob, Weave and Strike” and Ex on the Beach‘s “Meet the Next Ex”.
Additionally, there will be a special panel on December 2 at 4:15 p.m. EST on the Thunder Stage offering special looks at some of the streamer’s biggest releases for 2024 and conversations with the creatives behind them hosted by Brazilian stars Hugo Gloss and Nicole Bahls, which include:
- Halo Season 2: Pablo Schreiber (Master Chief), Joseph Morgan (James Ackerson), David Wiener (Showrunner & Executive Producer) and Kiki Wolfkill (EP)
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 5: Sonequa Martin-Green (Captain Michael Burnham) & Michelle Paradise (Co-Showrunner & Executive Producer)
- The Thundermans Return: Kira Kosarin (Phoebe Thunderman) & Jack Griffo (Max Thunderman)
- Drag Race: Brazil: Grag Queen (Host) & queens Aquarela, Betina Polaroid, Dallas de Vil, Diva More, Hellena Malditta, Melusine Sparkle, Miranda Lebrão, Naza, Organzza, Rubi Ocean, Shannon Skarllet & Tristan Soledade.
- December 2 at 10 a.m. EST: A Percy Jackson & the Olympians panel is scheduled for the Thunder Stage, though no details have been shared for it at this time.
- December 2 at 11 a.m. EST: A Prime Video panel is scheduled for the Thunder Stage after Percy Jackson. While no confirmed talent or projects have been announced for it, the official CCXP schedule states that the guests are Aaron Moten, Ella Purnell, Walton Goggins, Graham Wagner, and Jonathan Nolan, all of whom are involved with the upcoming Fallout TV show.
- December 2 at 12 p.m. EST: A Max panel is set to follow Prime Video and, similar to it, no confirmed talent or projects have been announced, though the official CCXP schedule shows Jodie Foster, Steve Toussaint, Roberta Rodrigues, Kali Reis, Issa Lopez, Ewan Mitchell, Andréia Horta, Aly Muritiba and Alexandre Rodrigues, who are all involved in True Detective: Night Country, House of the Dragon and Cidade de Deus: A Série.
With a few days remaining before it kicks off at the time of writing, some of the CCXP panels remain in fluctuation and details may very well change. Be sure to follow our coverage of live reactions, footage descriptions, reveals, and more here, on our social media accounts, and through our Exclusives & PR Coordinator Tatiana Hullender!