Original Wednesday Addams actress Lisa Loring does her own version of Jenna Ortega’s viral Wednesday dance trend in a creative video edit.
- The original Wednesday Addams actress, Lisa Loring, is edited to join the viral dance trend in a creative video set to “Goo Goo Muck.”
- The viral dance scene from Wednesday became the show’s social media legacy, gaining immense popularity and even being referenced during Jenna Ortega’s Saturday Night Live hosting.
- The dance likely contributed to the massive success of Wednesday, which set a Netflix record for most streaming hours viewed in a week and is preparing for its second season.
The original Wednesday Addams actress is shown doing a version of the Wednesday dance trend in a video edit. Jenna Ortega took on the eponymous character in Wednesday, decades after Lisa Loring debuted the role in 1964. Ortega has received copious praise for the role, including her performance in the now-viral dance sequence from Wednesday season 1, episode 4, “Woe What a Night.”
A video edit shows Loring’s Wednesday Addams taking on a version of the viral dance. Posted by @dopechacha, the video edits together footage of Loring set to the tune of “Goo Goo Muck.”
Loring’s Wednesday shimmies and flails her tiny body around in an edit that works surprisingly well with the music inserted.
How Wednesday’s Viral Dance Trend Helped The Show
This Addams Family edit is a creative combination of an element of Wednesday and the original The Addams Family TV show. The Cramps’ “Goo Goo Muck” is the same song used in Wednesday’s viral dance sequence that later went viral. After Ortega’s alluring and robot-like dance took off, “Goo Goo Muck” was replaced by Lady Gaga’s “Bloody Mary” in countless TikTok renditions.
Jenna Ortega’s Wednesday Dance Reaction Totally Changes How You See The Scene
The dance scene from Netflix’s Wednesday might be one of its most famous, but Jenna Ortega’s comments about it show the limitations of virality.
While Wednesday received attention for many aspects of the show, this viral dance remains the show’s social media legacy. The dance was done so much that its repetition was even referenced when Ortega hosted Saturday Night Live. “Bloody Mary” was even used by Netflix in their official announcement for Wednesday season 2.
The now-viral TikTok dance likely helped elevate Wednesday into the immense success for which it is known today. Wednesday set a Netflix record for the most streaming hours viewed in a single week for an English-language show, with 341.2 million hours streamed in its first seven days on the platform. Wednesday maintained its momentum on Netflix and online as the dance continued to take off. This track record will serve the show well as Wednesday season 2 approaches.
- Release Date:
- Jenna Ortega, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Luis Guzman, Gwendoline Christie, Riki Lindhome, Jamie McShane, Christina Ricci, Hunter Doohan, Emma Myers, Joy Sunday
- Comedy, Fantasy, Supernatural
- Netflix’s Addams Family series takes place at Nevermore Academy, a school that nurtures outcasts, freaks, and monsters. The Tim Burton-directed series follows Wednesday Addams as she tries to master her emerging psychic powers and solve the supernatural mystery surrounding her family history. Jenna Ortega stars in the popular series, which originally aired on Netflix on November 23, 2022.
- Story By:
- Charles Addams
- Miles Millar, Alfred Gough
- Streaming Service(s):
- The Addams Family
- Tim Burton, James Marshall, Gandja Monteiro
- Miles Millar, Alfred Gough