- Kody and Robyn’s relationship won’t work without the other Sister Wives stars because they have nothing to discuss and Robyn isn’t as special anymore.
- Kody and Robyn have always lived within the framework of polygamy, so their marriage might struggle when faced with a monogamous dynamic.
- Despite the challenges, there is hope for Kody and Robyn’s marriage if they truly are soulmates, as they have already functioned as a monogamous couple within a plural marriage.
Many Sister Wives viewers have speculated about why Kody Brown and Robyn Brown’s relationship might fail without Janelle, Meri, and Christine Brown. The Brown family has undergone a major shift over the last three years. In early 2021, Christine packed her bags and divorced Kody because of a lack of respect and love. She moved on to find her soulmate, David Woolley, and married him in 2023. Similarly, Meri and Janelle realized their self-worth during Sister Wives season 18. The two ladies also left the Brown family patriarch, leaving him to be monogamous with his fourth wife, Robyn.
Recently, Redditor HedgehogSammich speculated about why Kody and Robyn’s one-on-one marriage won’t work after being in a polygamous relationship. Other Redditors theorized many reasons and concluded that Robyn and Kody’s marriage won’t work because their dynamic had shifted.
Since Meri, Christine, and Janelle aren’t in the Brown family, Kody and Robyn have nothing to discuss anymore. They can’t gossip, discuss, and banter about the other women because they aren’t in their lives. Moreover, the exit of Kody’s former wives means Robyn isn’t his favorite. She’s his only wife and isn’t special like before. Also, as one Redditor put it, “Without any other wives around Kody is now her sole problem. She can’t foist him off or their problems off on someone else now.“
Robyn & Kody Brown’s Sister Wives Relationship Explained
Kody and Robyn had a special relationship at the start. They fell in love in 2010 and tied the knot to expand their polygamous household. At the time, Robyn assumed the role of the youngest wife in the family, as Meri, Janelle, and Christine were all in their 40’s. Kody enjoyed spending time with Robyn because he loved her traditional approach and craved her youthful aura. He had two kids with her and legally adopted her other two kids, Breanna Brown and Aurora Brown, from a previous relationship.
20 Best Reality TV Shows Right Now
Television is being impacted by the ongoing entertainment industry strikes, leaving many turning to reality TV. What are the best shows right now?
Fans have probably hit the bullseye about the potential future of Kody and Robyn. Sister Wives premiered over 13 years ago. At the time, Kody and Robyn tied the knot and built the framework of their marriage around polygamy. The two have never experienced each other out of that bubble. They’ve always been busy with the family drama and their TV show. Now Kody and Robyn will have to face their real selves. They no longer have Meri, Christine, and Janelle to worry about. They’ll have to experience each other like normal couples, which may or may not end well.
Still, there is some hope for Kody and Robyn’s marriage. There’s a chance that they can pull off a monogamous relationship without any problems. Kody and Robyn have lived in a polygamous family for 13 years. However, Meri, Janelle, and Christine have revealed that Robyn is Kody’s soulmate. If that’s the case, the Brown family patriarch and his fourth wife have nothing to fear. They’ve lived like a monogamous couple, even in a plural marriage. Therefore, Kody’s divorces from the other sister wives technically don’t change anything.
Sister Wives airs Sundays at 10 p.m. EST on TLC.
- Kody Brown, madison Brown, Janelle Brown, Tamron Hall, Aspyn Brown, Robyn Brown, Andrea Canning, Gwendlyn Brown, Meri Brown, Logan Brown, Christine Brown, Sukanya Kirshnan
- Main Genre:
- Reality TV, Drama
- Sister Wives follows the brown family, which observes polygamist practices. Headed by Kody Brown as the father, he and his four wives and their 18 children have moved across the United States, from Utah to Nevada and Arizona. Kody and his wives have secret marriages, as polygamy is illegal. Still, the show follows the family as it covers the trials and tribulations of four wives that split their familial duties of themselves amongst one husband and eighteen children. The children themselves are a significant focus of Sister Wives, as it also focuses on the challenges the children face due to their home life.Sister Wives attempts to dispel negative stereotypes around polygamy, as it aired around 2010 when the general public commonly discussed the topic in the United States. The four Brown wives agreed to participate in the show to accomplish this goal, and TLC continues to chronicle the family’s life over a decade later.
- Doug Monroe, Callan Griffiths, Richard Alexander Walkling, Anthony Derosa, Matthew Thompson, Ray Farmer
- Filming Locations:
- Nevada, Utah, Arizona
- Main Characters:
- Timothy Gibbons, Kirk Streb, Deanie Wilcher, Christopher Poole, Bill Hayes
- Deanie Wilcher
- Production Company:
- Puddle Monkey Productions, Figure 8 Films
- Number of Episodes: