- Episode #31 of Pokémon Horizons continues the main plot, with the team searching for Lucius’s Lapras at sea.
- The airing time of the new episode is 6:55 PM JST on December 1, 2023, which translates to early morning for American fans.
- Special shorts focusing on Terapagos’s past will accompany the next three episodes, potentially revealing more about the character and Lucius’s other Pokémon.
Pokémon Horizons episode #31 features a return to the main plot, with the team taking their airship to the open seas in search of the ancient adventurer Lucius’s Lapras. Here’s what you need to know in order to tune in and watch the latest episode of Pokémon.
When Do Pokémon Horizons Episodes Release?
For Pokémon Horizons, new episodes are currently airing exclusively on the Japanese network TVTokyo, with debuts occurring at 6:55 PM JST each Friday. Pokémon Horizons episode #31 will be released at 6:55 PM JST on December 1, 2023. That time translates to 4:55 AM Eastern Time, and 1:55 AM Pacific Time, making it highly inconvenient even for those international fans with access to Japanese TV to tune in. The episodes are also broadcast in Japanese without any subtitles, as they are intended for a Japanese audience, so some knowledge of the language is necessary to follow the plot. Pokémon Horizons is confirmed for an English dub late in 2023.
Pokémon Horizons‘ English dub will debut in the UK on December 1st. No date for US release is set.
What Happened in Pokémon Horizons Episode #30?
Episode #30 of Pokémon Horizons featured a mysterious purple liquid appearing around the airship, prompting Liko and Roy to investigate. They eventually discovered the source to be a wild Polteageist which had made its way aboard the airship. Being a newcomer, Polteageist issued a challenge to Shuckle, and Captain Pikachu takes the two Pokémon down to the cargo bay, where the other Pokémon aboard the ship are gathered. Liko and Roy discover that the Pokémon have a secret fight club downstairs at night, and watch as Polteageist and Shuckle battle it out with only their fists. The Polteageist is accepted into the group, and using Liko’s grandmother’s teacup, creates a baby Sinistea as well.
Pokémon Horizons Episode #31 Investigates Lucius’s Lapras
Episode #31 sees a return to the main plot, as the airship crew seems to have a lead on Lucius’s Lapras, hearing rumors of a Lapras at sea that supposedly helps to rescue ships lost in the mist with its song. The crew lands the airship in the water and begins exploring the area where this Lapras was last seen. As the white fog rolls in, however, the airship may actually need Lapras’s help. The episode preview shows Terapagos looking surprised off over the bow of the ship, and a separate teaser trailer had additional footage of the shadowy form of Lapras coming closer in the fog, suggesting a meeting with Lucius’s fourth Pokémon is imminent.
Beginning with episode #31, the next three episodes are said to be accompanied by special shorts that will focus on Terapagos’ past, potentially giving fans their first look at the esteemed adventurer. It may also offer the first look at Lucius’s other Pokémon which have yet to appear; Entei and Kleavor. These shorts seem intended to expand on Terapagos more as a character prior to the release of Scarlet and Violet‘s Terapagos-centered DLC, helping to build hype for the new release. It will be interesting to see how similar the game’s version of Terapagos is to Pokémon Horizons‘ take, but fans have a few more weeks left before they find out.
- Spanning over twenty-five years, Pokemon, known as Pocket Monsters in Japan, is the multimedia franchise created jointly by Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures. Conceptualized by Satoshi Tajiri in association with Ken Sugimori and Junichi Masuda, Pokemon is set in fictional worlds where people live together with tamable creatures known as Pokemon. Humans who catch, raise, and battle the creatures are known as Pokemon Trainers. They head out on extensive journeys across their continents to raise their Pokemon with the ultimate goal of competing in tournaments to become the champion. Pokemon spans several massive properties, from a long-running animated series to a successful trading card game, to the medium that started it all, video games. In addition, Pokemon began the “two-game” trend where two versions of a game would release and include different Pokemon/features between the versions, encouraging players to meet up with others and trade so they could “catch ’em all.”
- Created by:
- Satoshi Taijiri, Ken Sugimori, Junichi Masuda
- First Film:
- Pokemon: The First Movie
- Latest Film:
- Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle
- First TV Show:
- First Episode Air Date:
- Current Series:
- TV Show(s):
- Video Game(s):
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokemon Snap, Pokémon GO